Opening our school safely
Following the government guidance, we have put a number of measures in place to keep our school safe. The government information for parents/carers can be found here. At the moment we only have the capacity to open to key worker and vulnerable children.
What will groups (or ‘bubbles’) look like?
- Children will be in mixed age groups (years 3-6) of up to 9 children
- Siblings will be kept in the same group
- There will be no contact between groups
- Children will not necessarily be taught by their class teacher. They may not be in their own classroom or even in their own year group.
- Children will be seated at an individual desk, 2m apart from the next pupil
- Pupils will have their own equipment.
What arrangements are in place to keep my child safe?
- Children will be kept in their own designated “class bubble” where they have suitably distanced desks, with their names on, and school supplies such as pencils, rulers, etc will be given to each child, for their own use only. These will be returned at the end of every day to be sanitised.
- Regular, supervised handwashing will be carried out during the day. Please practice handwashing at home with your child before they come to school – an NHS handwashing video can be found here.
- All children will be encouraged to observe 2m social distancing around the school site, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Breaktimes and lunchtimes will be staggered and will also be restricted to the class groups. No physical interaction will be allowed and no play equipment will be used.
- At lunchtimes, children will have their lunch brought to the classrooms by staff members, or they will have their own lunch as required. They will eat at their desks. Desks will be cleaned before and after eating. No food/drink is to be shared between children.
- Toys are being kept to an absolute minimum, and only those that can be easily cleaned are to be used. There will be no soft toys or dressing up.
- An enhanced cleaning regime is in place and a member of the cleaning team will be working on site all day.
What are the arrangements for collection/pick up?
- Different groups will have different pick up and collection times – these will be staggered to limit the number of people at the school gates. Timings will be sent out later this week, once we have confirmed numbers. confirmed by the end of this week.
- No parents/carers are to enter school grounds. A member of school staff will meet your child at the school entry point and will bring them to you at the end of the day, at the designated exit point.
- Only one adult can accompany a child to school. If your child is walking to and from school on their own, then you will need to give permission for this.
- If your child is late, you will be refused entry for the day, as there will not be any staff provision for this.
- Staff will not be able to physically take a child from you if they are resisting coming to school.
What should my child bring?
- All necessary school equipment will be provided.
- Children should bring their own lunch, snacks and water bottle. The water bottle should be filled, as the school water fountains are not in use. Cups will not be issued.
- A packed lunch will be provided for pupils who are entitled to FSM. All parents will be able to order packed lunches (not hot meals) through Kingswood Catering as usual.
- No school bags, or reading book bags or any other personal belongings (including mobile phones) are allowed onto school premises.
- Children do not need to wear uniform but should wear comfortable clothing suitable for a range of activities. We recommend that clothing is washed at the end of every day.
What will happen if my child gets injured or becomes unwell?
- If a child does require medical attention at any time during the day, a member of staff, wearing appropriate PPE will care for them, and if necessary, a parent will be called to collect.
Access to the school office
- The school office remains closed at the moment.
- No parents/carers are allowed into the school building or playground, except in case of an emergency.
- If your child has packed lunch, please ensure they bring it with them in the morning, as you will not be able to bring it later.
- If you plan to take your child out of school during the day for any reason, please just email the admin mailbox and keep them home for that day. Your child will not lose their place for this reason.
- The email@example.com email will continue to be constantly monitored – this is the best way to contact us. The school telephone will be manned from 1st June, but not at all times.